Vytautas has considerable experience with energy-related mergers and acquisitions and dispute resolution in the conventional and renewable power industries. Vytautas also has special expertise in infrastructure and public-private partnerships projects. He has worked with clients at all stages of energy-related projects in areas that include project structuring, contracting, governmental approvals, and the negotiation of commercial agreements and project development documents.
Vytautas has advised companies and funds developing energy and infrastructure projects in Lithuania and The Baltic States, liaising with the government, financial institutions, utilities and industry associations. Vytautas is especially valued by his clients for having an integrative business approach and interdisciplinary knowledge, which plays a significant role when representing clients in complex transactions and providing necessary solutions for challenging times.
Clients praise him for his breadth of knowledge and experience, and Chambers Europe (2021) has also recognized Vytautas as having “notable expertise in the energy industry.”
Vytautas also advises local and international clients regarding acquisitions of RES projects and the possibilities of their development, leads negotiations and drafts acquisitions contracts.
Below are the highlights of his experience:
- Advising the biggest Estonian energy company OÜ Utilitas on the acquisition of a 120 MW renewable energy wind farm.
- Supporting IDEX, a French renewable energy group, with acquisitions of Lithuanian energy companies. The transaction was chosen as the winner of the annual “Deal of the Year” awards organized by CEE Legal Matters as the legal advisors of the best deal of the year in Lithuania.
- Advising Budimex SA, one of the largest commercial construction groups operating in Poland, with respect to the PPP project of the National Stadium in Vilnius.
- Advising Rafako, a Polish energy developer, in the installation of biofuel combustion facilities at the new Vilnius CHP plant.
- Preparation of a number of various feasibility studies for PPP projects.
- Provision of regular legal advice to Deutsche Bahn International in various infrastructure projects.
- Preparation of a detailed overview of PPP and concessions regulations in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania for RB Rail, the joint venture created for the implementation of Rail Baltic, a €3.6-billion railway project encompassing all three Baltic states.
- Provision of legal advice to STRABAG in the PPP project for Vilnius lighting system renovation.