Siim has advised on most of the major farm sale and purchase transactions in recent years, including project-managing the entire sale process from the decision to sell to finding a buyer and closing the transfer of the shareholding. In addition to providing legal advice on transactions, his strengths also include substantive involvement and assistance in advising on the preparation of the company to be sold and, in the case of a purchase, in conducting a legal audit.
In addition to the agricultural sector, Siim has advised on significant transactions in the industrial, IT and other sectors and has been involved in a number of large-scale legal audits.
Siim also has extensive experience in various day-to-day corporate legal matters, ranging from commercial transactions (corporate resolutions and amendments, mergers and divisions) and contract drafting to shareholder disputes. This includes but is not limited to the specificities of the agricultural sector. Clients value his project management skills, commercial and quick thinking, operational and solution-oriented approach, as well as her substantive understanding of the business in a number of areas.
In addition, Siim is well versed in agricultural subsidies, having represented a variety of farmers in submitting applications, responding to enquiries, and negotiating and litigating with PRIA.
In the course of his career, Siim has advised, inter alia:
- Raikküla Farmer, Torma Põllumajandusosaühing, Vooremaa Piim (including Selja and Piistaoja Katsetalu) and Õnne Piimakarjatalu Sale transactions (2015-2021)
- Acquisition of Columbus Estonian and Lithuanian entities by management (2021)
- Establishment of Farm In Productions oilseed processing plant (2017-2021)
- Acquisition of Thermory AS by UG Investeeringud OÜ (2020)
- Acquisition of Kärla Põllumajandusühistu (2020)
- Merger of Max 123 and Võrguvara OÜ (2019)
In addition to his work as an attorney, Siim was the Chief Commissioner of the Estonian Scouts Association 2014-2021 and the Chief Scout of Estonia from 2021.