His more than 20 years of commercial law practice include the following key assignments:
- Representation of the Government of Estonia in a case regarding the state investment of the land plot to the company Estonian Energy for developing a windmill park.
- Representation of the leading listed Estonian media company Delfi, in the Grand Chamber of the European Court of Human Rights, in a dispute over the liability of intermediaries on the Internet.
- Representation of a minority shareholder in a precedent case of a liquidated damages claim for illegal dilution of the shareholding.
- Representation of the Estonian Bar association in cases with precedent importance for professional issues in Estonia such as restriction of the professional activities or fee for state legal aid.
- Representation of NG Investeeringud, one of the leading investment companies in Estonia, in a VAT deduction case where the Supreme Court revised its present practice.
- Advising the Port of Tallinn, one of the largest commercial ports in the Baltics, at the Estonian Competition Board, in a dispute over dominant position and port fees.
- Advising on the privatization and the later sale-back of Estonian Railways Ltd (2000-2007), the most complex public infrastructure investments in Estonia so far.
Villu’s reputation is based on building up difficult and complex cases with precedent importance. As TRINITI’s managing partner, he is responsible for the results of other attorneys in TRINITI. Among clients, he is also known for his practical approach in dispute resolution outside of court or pre-court negotiations or situations.
His clients include the Government of Estonia, leading listed Estonian media company Delfi, leading investment Company NG Investeeringud, Estonian Railway, Port of Tallinn, Bar Association, Union of the Teachers.