Vilija has a successful track record of client representation in the State Patent Bureau of the Republic of Lithuania, the EUIPO and the European Patent Office (EPO) as well as the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and European Court of Justice (ECJ).
Her work includes strategic advice and acting as lead counsel for multinational and local companies in trademarks and patent cases, protection of inventions and know-how, designs and copyrights, and advising on various IP transactions and unfair competition cases. She is also an appointed arbitrator in the Vilnius Court of Commercial Arbitration.
Below are the highlights of her recent experience:
- Successful representation of a pharma client in a case of the illegal use of a trademark in a repackaging case;
- Victory in the copyright infringement case brought by Latga – the association for collective management of authors‘ rights;
- Assisting the Lithuanian company Axioma in a multinational patent dispute brought by Kamstrup in different jurisdictions;
- Successful assistance for several Lithuanian companies in disputes brought in China against Chinese companies in bad faith trademark registration cases.
Her expertise was noted internationally:
- Tier #1 practitioner for IP (Chambers Europe 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Tier #1 practitioner for IP (The Legal 500, 2021)
- Trade Mark Star (IP Stars, 2021)
- WTR 1000: The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals (World Trademark Review, 2021)
- Best Lawyer of the Year: IP Law (Best Lawyers, 2017)
- Best Lawyers recognised practitioner in Advertising Law, IP Law and Litigation (since 2009)
Her clients include FIFA, Deeper, Millo, Louis Vuitton, Droplet Genomics, Trafi, Tesonet, Triumph, Hugo Boss, Bic, Crocs, KrKA, Mattel, Nikon, Harley-Davidson, Moet&Chandon, Longchamp, Baltymas, AGATA, and LATGA, to name a few.