Šī lapa nav pieejama jūsu izvēlētajā valodā. Jūs varat redzēt tā versiju angļu valodā.
Peeter P. Mõtsküla
Peeter is an attorney focusing on matters concerning intellectual property and information technology law. He also advises the founders and investors of start-up and spin-off companies in corporate matters. Peeter leads TRINITI Estonia’s start-up practice group.
Peeter’s clients appreciate his practical and down-to-earth approach to counselling. His knowledge of IT industry standards and practices has often allowed him to help the clients improve their business processes.
Recent highlights of his work include:
- advising Krakul Holding in the acquisition of their fully owned subsidiary by Bercman Technologies in a share swap valued at above 1.5 million euro;
- advising (in cooperation with Norton Rose Fulbright) BayWa r.e in leading a 6,4 million euro Series A investment round into Roofit.solar;
- advising the founders of Binalyze, Defensphere, FuseBox and Sensus Septima in raising a total of more than 4 million euro in funding;
- successfully representing KODAstay OÜ in a trademark dispute;
- counselling an Estonian software developer in selling its copyrights to a U.S.-based software house;
- helping SpectX create a machine/human-readable software licensing solution.
His clients include Binalyze, Datel, Defensphere, FuseBox, Krakul, Proact Estonia, Sensus Septima, and Zone Media.
Prior to joining TRINITI in 2017, Peeter had gained almost a quarter century’s worth of hands-on IT experience, having held technical and administrative positions in various IT companies including Proact, Skype, MicroLink and Cybernetica. Peeter has a Diploma in Engineering from Tallinn Technical University and MA in Law from the University of Tartu. He’s probably the only attorney in Estonia who holds an ITIL Practitioner certificate and one of the leading experts on the practices of open-source licensing.
Peeter teaches intellectual property law in the IT Law programme at University of Tartu. In 2020, he contributed to the drafting of the second edition of Startup Estonia / EstVCA model documents. He acts as a legal mentor to participants in the European Space Agency’s Business Incubation Centre (ESA BIC Estonia) and is part of the intellectual property working group of the Estonian Association of Information Technology and Telecommunications (ITL). Peeter is a member of the Estonian Business Angels Network, Estonian Reserve Officers’ Association, Estonian Defence League and one of the founders of Skydive Estonia.
- Vider, Kadri; Pisuke, Heiki; Mõtsküla, Peeter P.; Tuulik, Triin; Kelli, Aleksei (2013). Keeleressursside litsentsimise õiguslikke küsimusi. Eesti Rakenduslingvistika Ühingu aastaraamat, 9, 333−347.
- Mõtsküla, Peeter P. (2006). Tarkvara õiguskaitse perspektiivid võrgustunud ühiskonnas. Juridica, VI, 388−395.
2015 – … visiting lecturer of intellectual property protection in the field of information technology (University of Tartu, School of Law).
2014 – participation in the development of IT Law master’s program and its component course “intellectual property protection in the field of information technology” (University of Tartu, School of Law).
2009 – MA (law), University of Tartu.
2000 – DI (economics and IT), Tallinn University of Technology.
Nav rezultātu atbilstoši jūsu kritērijiem.