Aurelija is excellent at dealing with complex data and privacy issues, including data security requirements, employee monitoring, corporate training on data protection, and the development of privacy strategies and policies. However, her professionalism is best revealed when she smoothly handles personal data breaches and guides innovative big data or AI-based startups (in healthcare, life sciences, cyber-security, IT, FinTech, blockchain, mobility, robotics, e-commerce, etc.) on business model development and GDPR-compliance matters. She is one of the best professionals in the market at highlighting these industry-specific data and privacy risks and navigating the related opportunities. As proof of her competence, she has a Data Protection Officer (DPO) of the European Center for Privacy and Cyber Security certificate from Maastricht University (2019).
Aurelija has successfully managed at least ten data breaches suffered by her clients in the past two years and is the owner of twenty training sessions on data protection.
Aurelija also has extensive expertise in all intellectual property areas including patents, trademarks, copyright, design, and unfair competition issues, both contentious and non-contentious, as well as the destruction of counterfeited goods.
Her expertise has gained international recognition:
- Spotlighted in The Legal 500 as a practitioner of IP Law (2017)
- Best Lawyers recognised practitioner in IP Law (since 2017)
Aurelija is an active member of various industry-related organisations and working groups working on regulatory environment development.
Below are the highlights of her recent experience:
- The provision of complex legal assistance and the creation of a comprehensive feasibility study on the regulation of the telecommunication sector in the Baltic countries for global transport leader Daimler AG, providing telematics solutions involving GSM and Internet connection.
- Development of a strategy of compliance to data protection requirements for Omnisend (TOP87 fastest-growing companies worldwide, Financial Times 2021) and providing its execution by drafting all related GDPR and e-commerce documentation.
- The advising of AI-based radiology solutions developer Oxipit on growth strategies and even day-to-day decision making related to privacy and commercialization of health care AI solutions.
- Assistance to Droplet Genomics, providing molecular analysis techniques to biotech and pharma on complex preparation for and structuring the investment.
- Continuous advice to Terasky Baltic, an IT and Cybersecurity company that is an official distributor and reseller of such internationally known IT solutions as Google Cloud, Google Workspace, Looker, Okta, HashiCorp, Portworks and others;
- Everyday assistance to private hospital SK Impeks Medicinos diagnostikos centras on various challenges and risk minimization while processing patient data.
Her clients include LG Electronics, BICS, British Telecom, Daimler, Omnisend, Couldvisor, Wolt, TeraSky, Simplex, Paysera, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Procter & Gamble, Ferrari, Hugo Boss, Husqvarna, Nokia, and Bottega Veneta, to name a few.