Banking & Finance
TRINITI is a strong member of the growing community of the financial services sector in the Baltic States. We are very pleased about the rapid changes in the market as well as the initiatives of the state institutions, seeking to pave the way for more favorable conditions for the entities providing financial services. Our lawyers possess deep knowledge of legal requirements applicable to the entities operating in this sector and understand the burden the businesses face ensuring regulatory compliance. We are going hand in hand with technological progress and solve legal issues related thereto. We highly understand the challenges faced by the businesses due to the rising competition and the expectations of the clients. Taking that into consideration, we try to find the most suitable and cost-effective legal solutions for our clients.
TRINITI cooperates with start-ups intending to provide innovative financial (fintech) services as well as with a number of financial sector incumbents possessing longstanding experience in banking, insurance and investment services and assists them with the following legal issues:
- formation of funds necessary for financing the business
- establishment of legal entities, sale-purchase as well as transfer of shares
- implementation of measures for prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing
- obtaining licenses indicated under legal acts, permissions for participation in the regulatory sandbox platform
- ensuring compliance with requirements of legal acts.
We have gathered valuable experience in this sector by providing legal services in such projects as:
- Providing legal assistance to ArgoGlobal SE in regards to compliance with legal acts related to insurance activities;
- representation of TransferGo during the process of the preparation of an application to the Bank of Lithuanian for the issuance of e-money license; we also consult TransferGo on the issues related to ongoing compliance with the requirements of applicable legal acts;
- drafting of the documents for the distribution of investment units of a fund managed by Groa Capital UAB, ongoing provision of legal services related to the compliance with the applicable legal acts
- drafting of internal procedures and best-practice checklists for SEB Bank
- advising Swedbank in complicated debt and debtor restructuring cases and litigation
- representation of If Insurance in third-party liability and property insurance litigation
- advising Nordea Leasing on the performance of its factoring agreements
- advising Estonian energy holding company Utilitas on its syndicated loans, including an €80-million loan to acquire Tallinn Power Stations
With the assistance of our international partners, TRINITI is able to coordinate international consultations related to cross-border transactions and regulations (including the FCA of UK and SEC in USA) applying the “one stop shop” principle.
Chambers Europe and Legal 500 recommend TRINITI as a top-tier law firm and recognize TRINITI attorneys Linas Sabaliauskas and Ergo Blumfeldt as recommended lawyers in the field of banking, finance and capital markets.