Fields of practice
Sonata specialises in Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate & Commercial, Competition, Private Equity and Venture Capital.
2012 – Associate Partner at TRINITI Vilnius, Lithuania
2010-2012 – Attorney at law at Law Firm Sarka, Sabaliauskas, Jankauskas and later TRINITI Vilnius, Lithuania
2006-2010 – Associate at Law Firm Sarka, Sabaliauskas, Jankauskas (later TRINITI Vilnius)
2005 – Lawyer at Law Firm Sarka, Sabaliauskas, Jankauskas (later TRINITI Vilnius)
In the course of her over 10 years of professional experience Sonata advised on a number of notable transactions and restructuring in Lithuania including:
- Full scope legal advice to potential investor Discount Investment Corporation on acquisition and financing of Bite, mobile communication company in the Baltics with an approx. transaction value of 500 MEUR.
- Legal advice during the reorganization of the corporate structure of GeoNafta, the biggest oil companies group in the Baltics.
- Legal advice to a consortium of 4 Nordic private equity funds on the tender sale of Snaigė, a blue-chip Lithuanian company to a strategic investor.
- Legal advice to Stadtwerke Leipzig, a leading German utility company on the acquisition and disposal of various district heating, CHP and energy companies.
- Legal advice to Gosystems, Intelligent Communications, Adtarget.me and other companies during a complex process of investments executed by the venture capital funds – Practica Seed Capital and Practica Venture Capital.
- Legal advice to investors on investment agreement with regard to acquisition of local insurance company Industrijos garantas and due diligence of Industrijos garantas.
- Legal advice to Energenas on the complex process of investing, together with Lithuanian hedge fund Litcapital I, into coatings for optics producer Lithuanian company UAB Optida.
- Legal advice to the Klaipeda University on the process of restructuring hereof from budget institution to the public enterprise. With lawyers of the law firm Sonata provided legal due diligence services, as well as prepared the conception on improvement of management, management schemes.
- Legal advice in a merger of Adcom and Mediapool – one of the largest Lithuanian media planning and advertising companies with an estimated 15 percent of the total market share.
Member of the Lithuanian Bar Association since 2006
In 2009 Sonata was granted a Master’s Degree in management and business administration at the International Business School at Vilnius University, Lithuania.
In 2006 Sonata was granted a Master’s Degree in Law at Vilnius University
Sonata is fluent in Lithuanian, German, English and Russian
Sonata is interested in ecology and has been the member of the ecologist’s club “Medeina”. She also likes travelling and cycling